Al AhlyAl Ahly Sporting ClubAl Ahly Sporting Club


Al Ahly Secure the Second Consecutive FCWC Bronze Medal


Al Ahly’s football first team managed to win the club’s second consecutive bronze medal of the FIFA Club World Cup after defeating Al Hilal of Saudi Arabia 4-0 at Al Nahyan Stadium on Saturday. 

First Half:

Since the first moments of the game, it was obvious that the Red Eagles were keen to score the early opener. After just two minutes, we had two clear scoring chances, as Mohamed Sherif was close to opening the score, but Al Hilal’s keeper managed to block our attempts. 

Six minutes later, Yasser Ibrahim gave us the lead with a marvelous header. We were awarded a free kick on the left flank. Ali Maaloul stood behind the ball and then sent a sensational cross. Our rock-solid defender was in the right place to blast a strong header and gift us a 1-0 lead. 

Our players then kept pushing forward to add more goals, but Al Hilal’s defenders stood their ground and blocked our attempts. 

In the 14th minute, Matheus Pereira received a straight red card after a harsh challenge against Amr El Soulia. 

Three minutes later, Ibrahim puts his name once again on the score sheet with another brilliant header. 

Mohamed Hany received the ball in the final third, and then he fired a screamer, but Al Hilal’s keeper blocked his shot. The rebound reached Ibrahim, who converted the ball into the back of the net with a staggering header to double the score before the 30 minutes mark.

We kept pushing forward to add more goals, and in the 24th minute, we missed another scoring chance. 

The referee showed his red card once again in the 28th minute after checking the VAR, as Al Hilal’s Mohamed Kanno was sent off with another straight red card.

Before the half-time whistle, our players managed to add the third goal, thanks to the great efforts of Abdelkader who was on a great run of form tonight.  Ali Maaloul dribbled past Al Hilal’s defender and then sent a sensational pass to Ahmed Abdelkader. 

Using a brilliant feint, Abdelkader dribbled past the defender inside the box, and with a right-footed shot, he added the third goal to give the Red Eagles a 3-0 lead at the break. 

Second Half: 

The second half started with the same pressure from Al Ahly, as we were keen to score more goals. Pitso Mosimane, Al Ahly’s head coach, made two substitutions at the start of the 45 minutes, as Hussien El Shahat and Karim Foaud joined the pitch instead of Taher Mohamed Taher and Mohamed Hany.

After trying his luck several times, Amr El Soulia finally scored from a long-range to make it 4-0 for Al Ahly. 

Our midfielder received the ball in the final third and then blasted a screamer that hit the bottom corner of Al Hilal to make it 4-0 for us. 

In the 66th minute, Aliou Dieng left the game and Walid Soliman joined as Mosimane was keen to add more attacking power to the team. 

We kept pushing forward to add more goals, but Al Hilal’s keeper managed to block our attempts and protect his net from receiving more goals. 

In the 70th minute, Abdelkader sprinted from the midfield and then scored the fifth goal. However, the goal was ruled out due to an offside.

After an outstanding performance in the game, Abdelkader left the pitch in the 87th minute and Luis Miquissone joined the match. Also, Mahmoud Wahid entered the pitch instead of Ali Maaloul. 

The final minutes of the game went by and the Red Eagles kept controlling the game’s tempo until the referee blew his final whistle to announce a historic victory for the Red Eagles.

Related News

More News